Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Greeting Cards

When I first started crafting years back; it was making handmade greeting cards from cardmaking products- toppers, die-cuts and stamps etc. I then started developing my own designs and putting them on gifts. When doing stalls at craft fairs I've not been able to sell cards as like jewellery- lots of crafters seem to be making them and the events would be full for cards. Since focusing on my pyrography and other gifts I haven't really done any cards. I've been trying to find the right time for developing some new ideas for cards and after working on my screen-printed totes and loving the imagery created; I've decided to use the artwork for greeting cards.

I've kept them quite simple really; keeping the artwork as on the tote bags themselves- just changing the colours on a few. As thinking of the enviroment has become so much more important to so many shoppers out there buying handemade, I thought this was a good opportunity to look for as eco friendly supplies as I could. So for these greeting cards; they are digitally printed on a good weight card stock of 350gsm which is all recyled card with recyled kraft envelopes too.

I'm pleased with the result as it shows that as a small business we do think and care about the enviroment and are trying to make more eco changes where we can. We aren't currently plastic free as yet but as much as we can; bubblewrap and bags used for storing items before they're sold are all reused and I don't send any items out for postage in plastic bags.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Die cut Bookmarks

Another new product range! These are great I think; super unique and a great simple gift. I love the idea that for a bookmark- material, sha...